Wednesday 7 July 2010

NEED TITLE FOR THIS-Janet

Up until college I used to think my ideas were brilliant, but now I'm too scared to speak up at meetings or conferences. I used to regulate a team of 20-30 people to meet strict deadlines, but now I spend up to 30 minutes on what ends up being a 2 sentence email because I want to come off "diplomatic."

I almost feel like I was better at creative thinking and initiative when there weren't any consequences looming on the other end. It was me in la la land--not a care in the world if it was stupid or not because the ideas I had in high school or in college did not have a budget and they were not at risk of being scrutinized by high powered executives. In college your ideas may have risked getting bad grades or empty stares in discussion sections, but now they have a consequence if not perfectly executed or well thought out.

So temporarily, I've shut up, at least until I figure this thing out. I much prefer taking direction then giving it. Any ideas on how Janet can get her groove back?

No comments:

Post a Comment